The latest edition of the quarterly newsletter for Clarke County Conservation Board and Friends. Complete the Friends of Clarke County Conservation form to become a member of the “Friends” Volunteer Corps. Contact the office to be placed on the mailing list by calling (641) 342-3960.
Enjoy an evening learning about wildflowers at Oakland Grassland! Bring your cameras and flower guidebooks. Fun for all ages!
Dates: July 21st & August 18th, 2020
Time: 7 pm
Where: Oakwood Grassland; 7 miles North of Osceola on HWY 69
Contact Clarke County Conservation for more information. Call: (641) 342-3960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nature Camps 2020 at East Lake Park
Learn about the plants and animals of Iowa and have opportunities to learn outdoor skills. Begining June 22nd, new videos and activies will be posted online to give kids opportuniites to learn about trees, birds, bees and more! Along with videos, there will be practical activies for kids to practice what they learn.
To participate, join the “Clarke County Conservation Nature Camps Summer 2020” Facebook page with the following link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCCBSumer2020
To learn more email email@example.com or call Clarke County Conservation at (641) 342-3960.
July/August Day Camps
We will be doing 4 day camps this year. They will take place at Lion’s Pride shelter and consist of no more than 10 kids each to betterr physically distance kids for COVID-19 safty.
- Sky Camp (July 28th) – Learn how to navigate without a GPS and different aspects of the day and night sky
- Bugs and Plants (July 30th) – From catching and identifying bugs to tree identification and wildflower walks
- Animal Mania (August 4th) – Birds, mammals, and reptiles; have fun learning about animals of Iowa
- Iowa Survivor * (August 6th) – Learn skills to survive in the wilderness, be prepared to get a little dirty.
- *Kids who participate in the Iowa Survivor Camp will have the option to attend a campout at East Lake Park, taking place in the evening of August 7th to the morning of August 8th. Must provide own tent and gear. Child must be accompanied with an adult for the campout.
Age Range: Going into grades 1st—6th
Time: 8 am—12 pm the day of the camp
If you wish to gain more infomation join “Clarke County Conservation Nature Camps Summer 2020” Facebook page with the following link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCCBSumer2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clarke County Conservation at (641) 342-3960.
Documents to complete and return via email to Clarke County Conservation Board:
Free Canoe Night
Enjoy a summer evening Canoeing at East Lake Park! Thursday nights this summer.
Dates: Every thursday starting July 9th until the end of August
Time: 5 pm— 8 pm
Where: East Lake Park by the Boat Ramp
Clarke County Conservation is not responsible to accident while canoeing. Safety rules and instructions with PFD will be provided. Must be 16 or older unless accompanied by a parent. One child per parent. Call the office at (641) 342-3960 before Thursday at 4 pm the day of to RSVP (Maximum 16 people per Night)