Clarke County is committed to serve veterans and dependents with compassion, dignity and respect. While providing information and assistance with courteous, efficient and professional service to all.
- Aid & Attendance/housebound (To include assisted living and nursing home)
- Military Records
- National cemetery/Funeral Benefits
- Non-service connected pension
- Service connected disability compensation
- Special monthly compensation
- Surviving spouse pension
- VA Health Care
- Homeownership Assistance
- IA Trust Fund (Several different benefits)
- IDVA Benefits Specialist
- Injured Veterans Grant
- Iowa Guard Tuition Benefit
- Iowa Veterans Cemetery
- IWD Veterans Benefits and Services
- License Plates
- Lifetime Hunting and Fishing
- Operation Recognition High School
- Property Tax Exemption
The director/administrator will assist Veterans in filing the following Federal, State and county applications.
- Burial Assistance
- Emergency base assistance, subject to eligibility guidelines.
- Grave markers are supplied to all of the veterans buried in Clarke County.
- Rent/mortgage payment
Stephanie Rhoads, Veterans Affairs
Phone: (641) 342-2933
Clarke County Courthouse
100 Main St.
Osceola, Iowa 50213
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
(Hours may be altered, please call ahead for an appointment)
Clarke County Veterans Affairs Commissioners
|Vice Chairman||Sandra Eddy||Osceola||2023|
Commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors, who accept applications the month of April, every year. If you are interested please see the Director for an application.