Clarke County is committed to serve veterans and dependents with compassion, dignity and respect. While providing information and assistance with courteous, efficient and professional service to all.
- Aid & Attendance/housebound (To include assisted living and nursing home)
- Military Records
- National cemetery/Funeral Benefits
- Non-service connected pension
- Service connected disability compensation
- Special monthly compensation
- Surviving spouse pension
- VA Health Care
- Homeownership Assistance
- IA Trust Fund (Several different benefits)
- IDVA Benefits Specialist
- Injured Veterans Grant
- Iowa Guard Tuition Benefit
- Iowa Veterans Cemetery
- IWD Veterans Benefits and Services
- License Plates
- Lifetime Hunting and Fishing
- Operation Recognition High School
- Property Tax Exemption
The director/administrator will assist Veterans in filing the following Federal, State and county applications.
- Burial Assistance
- Emergency base assistance, subject to eligibility guidelines.
- Grave markers are supplied to all of the veterans buried in Clarke County.
- Rent/mortgage payment
Stephanie Rhoads, Veterans Affairs
Phone: (641) 342-2933
Clarke County Courthouse
100 Main St.
Osceola, Iowa 50213
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
(Hours may be altered, please call ahead for an appointment)
Clarke County Veterans Affairs Commissioners
|Vice Chairman||Sandra Eddy||Osceola||2023|
Commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors, who accept applications the month of April, every year. If you are interested please see the Director for an application.
US Department of Veterans Affairs